A place to play...
Engage with community...
Make great things...
Learn about games...
About The Arcade Vaults
We are The Arcade Vaults, an exciting and unique venue and community in the centre of Cardiff for all things videogaming. If you make games, play games both old and new, want to learn about games, or would just like to engage with the community in this amazing world of games, then this is the place for you.
At the heart of The Arcade Vaults and its community is you; the players and the creators. We believe that everyone should have the opportunity to play videogames and even more so, anyone should be able to make them and understand how they are made.
Due to the current COVID-19 pandemic that is affecting the entire world, our Arcade and The Community Rooms are operating under COVID safe guidelines. These include:
- a screen at the bar
- hand sanitiser points throughout the venue
- the requirement that you wear masks throughout the venue unless you are eating/drinking or have a valid reason not to wear a mask
- drinks and food orders will now be taken at tables. If you are paying for the arcade, you may still come up to the bar, but please let us know if you will be ordering and we will come to you
- alcohol based anti-bacterial wipes for you to clean controllers (which we will be regularly doing throughout the day)
- alternating of available consoles throughout the venue to ensure social distancing is adhered to
- marked points to ensure you can stay socially distant
- a limit of 6 people per group and that those groups are in an extended household
- staff will be COVID-safe during your visit
Please note, we are legally required to take a name and contact information for at least one member of your party. We will have a lower limit on our capacity - currently we are not taking bookings, but if you have a group of 5 or 6, please call or email us to let us know your arrival time.
Thanks for understanding and hope to see you soon!
The Stuff We do
- Our arcade is split into two areas - we have a space featuring classic consoles and hundreds of games, with a small free-to-play area where we also serve coffee, tea, drinks and gamer friendly snacks. We are also open on selected evenings for those that like a stronger beverage with their gaming fun!
- The Community Rooms are our co-working and events space, tailerod for anyone interested in making games or being part of a community who do but open to everyone to experience. There are three pricing tiers available to anyone who wants to use the space for work, with high-speed broadband (wired and wireless), tea and coffee, and a kitchen, plus various tech facilities and business support!
- Our Upper Arcade and The Community Rooms are available for hire. We can run events for you with a wide selection of retro and modern gaming consoles, or just provide the spaces on their own to you, with access to our bar.
D&D One ShotsSat | 10 October 2020 | 12:00 to 21:00Sat | 10 October 2020 | 12:00 to 21:00
Have you ever wanted to play a Role Play Game but been a little bit put off? Did you ever have those friends in School who played Dungeons and Dragons and always wanted to play but were worried what your other friends would think?
This is your chance!! Dungeons and Dragons or DnD as it’s known for short is the world’s most popular Role Play Game (RPG). Our one-shots return for the first time since the lockdown with FOUR unique campaigns for beginners or anyone looking for a one-off RPG fix, to try out and explore over 2 sessions (12pm - 4pm and 5pm - 9pm). Our super friendly Dungeon Masters will aim to ease you in and will also make sure you have a fun and wild adventure!
In order to keep safe during the COVID-19 pandemic, this event has been changed and become our first online D&D event! More information on how to access the event will be provided closer to the day, but if you need any further information please contact Scott at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note, all these campaigns are only suitable for those ages 16 and over:
- The Nightwatchmen
A wealthy businessman has set up a warehouse in your quiet hometown, and is looking for young, adventurous types to stand guard at night, as inside there are "sensitive items". The money he's offering is more than any labourer's job could ever pay, so every young person in the town has been clamouring for employment, and you were lucky enough to be chosen. It seems like an easy job, and there's only one rule: no on goes in, no one comes out.
- A Wolf among the Trees
Outside the homely village of Forelle, there is a great dark forest. But recently, the mayor's adventurous daughter has vanished from the village. Fearing for her life, the town mayor offers a reward of 50 gold pieces to anyone who finds her. However, no adventurers are nearby to help. You are a group of villagers who have stepped up to find the mayor's daughter.
Goblin Queen’s Keep
For the past few months children from the town of Eastmarch have been disappearing. Rumours point to the old abandoned keep that overlooks the town, it seems that a pack of goblins have decided to take up residence there. Fed up with the local guardsmen not being much help, the townsfolk turned to the local adventurers guild to help solve the problem. As a fledgling in the guild it is your task to go and save the children, bringing justice to those responsible and being handsomely rewarded for it.
The Darkness of Herridon's Keep
You have been hired by the thieves guild after one of their men has gone missing with a highly valuable package, their offer of gold and wealth to return it to them too much to turn down. After journeying 2 days along the dirt track you come across a torn shred of cloth, the spattering of blood and a rarely seen seal of the thieves guild, an unusual occurrence but only made worse by the drag marks leading into the ruins of Herridon's Keep. Steady your blades and gather your wits adventurers as you must delve into these ruins, a place said to be the birthplace of nightmares.
- The Nightwatchmen