Its our half-birthday!
Wow, it's been 6 months since we opened our own venue! And even longer since we wrote a blog post!!
It has been, without a doubt, a stressful, busy but exciting and amazing few months here. We opened with a tiny budget and lots of wonderful people helping us out, without whom its certain this place wouldn't exist.
Even in such a short space of time, the venue has changed dramatically. The Arcade has had many, many donations from some very generous people, including the loan of an arcade machine MaViS, so our collection of consoles is now even more incredible! Residents have come and gone in our Co-Working space, we've held Game Jams, talks, meet-ups, and educational workshops. Furniture has moved and broken, unique and fantastic artwork has been hung, we've made some great new friends, and we've run some awesome events! But its already time to be looking to the next 6 months and beyond...
A few key bits of info (and there'll be separate posts about this):
- We have a new events committee that will be helping organise some amazing new events in the future and improving our existing ones!
- We'll be looking for volunteers to help us out in the shop and for external events.
- We're going to be doing food and rolling out our very on Noodle Bar. (This is going to be
- You'll see more blog posts and original content on our channels, although we've been promising this for a while time has just run away from us. So we'll be getting some help!
- We're going to be rolling out a programme of workshops for game development.
- Merch is coming, branded and otherwise. And stickers!
- Expect more events involving eSports, Dungeons & Dragons, Board Games, Quizzes and music, plus some other events that are a little bit... different... ;)
There's so much more to say, but for now we'd just like to thank everyone for coming and enjoying our space and for all your kinds words and advice. Sorry if we forgot to mention you, or didn't thank you or were too slow to get back to you - we value every single one of you and couldn't have got here without you!
Please do continue to visit and spread the word! Write a review on TripAdvisor, Google or Facebook, and if you have any thoughts about what else we can do here tell us - we built this place for you after all!